Monday, October 01, 2007

Jena...reminds me of Little Rock



I've been pretty bugged out about the whole Jena situation. While a good chunk of students are a few weeks into there first college semester, these students are dukeing it out in the courts. One of the most disturbing parts is when it it become this whole 'the white people hate black people' thing. I know that racial discrimination exists but the second Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson get involved the situation kind of turns into a joke. They mean well, but honestly Al Sharpton have way too much in common for me to take either one of them seriously and its really hard for me to imagine Rev. Jesse Jackson and MLK kicking it together.

So I had an idea, besides all the media hoopla and the general disruption of peaceful life, what could be one of the most challenging parts of going through this whole situation be? Well I decided that it is the cost of whole trial, lawyers, fees etc. So I made this shirt. It's for sale at my site and $10 from every shirt sold will be donated to
the Jena 6 Defense Committee

No comments: