Monday, October 15, 2007

DOUBLE TIME BEHIND takes on PARIS


When I was teenager I had this nickname, Double Time Behind. It's a double entendre (I've always wanted to use that phrase on my blog). I was always late and had 2 times the behind of a normal person. I'd like to think that I've outgrown both of those attributes....but me posting this about the new (well new to me) Paris issue of XLR8R proves that I can still be a bit late on things. Any hoot, Something about France is calling me...pls see the signs

1.Use to wear my hair in French Twist when I was 12
2. Luv CocoRosie.
3. New Parisian MySpace friend who looks like the dude from Gym Class heroes...ooh laa lah
4. Really love The GO! Team I know they aren't french but they were in the XLR8R French issue
5. My bestie is obsessed w/ all things french...she's east African...so it's pretty strange that she pretends to be Parisian
6. Been following the career of illustrator extraordinaire Fafi before Le Sport Sac and addidas had even been born!
7. Am the president of Mathieu "Ndeur" Missianen's fan club
8. Stopped shaving my arm pits...tried to ditch deodorant, but that's too French for me...everyone has their limits
9. Nina Simone got back on her feet on the streets of Paris is 1978
10. To the point...XLR8R just did an ode to Paris...I luv it!

Well, Tu che, Escargot, Bonjour, Merde, Merci and all things French
Signing off-The dooky

No comments: