Friday, June 08, 2007

I HEART THE NOISETTES


On Wednesday I went to a super fantastic show and met some super fantastic (thesaurus please) peeps. My 'bosom buddy' in Toronto turned me on to this UK group called the Noisettes. So when I checked to see if they were playing soon at a venue near me and hot potatoes they were. For all yalls not in NY, let me tell you the hassle it is to get tickets. First off its it's a club you have to RSVP via email to ensure that you get in free or pay a reduced rate. if it's a movie on fri or sat...fandango. I once went to see a 3a (that's right am) show of Spiderman 3 and it was sold out. What a bunch of freaks. Because it was so late/early. It's not like I could buy a ticket for another movie, use the potty and end up in the theatre I really wanted to be in the first place. Still, I refuse to buy tickets in advance, cuz after all what if Paul Monney shows up at my apartment and wants to have tea? What am i gonna do? Say, 'Sorry Mr. Mooney I've already purchased tickets of a lame ass movie or better yet an over rated concert". Nope not me I'm no body's sucka and i do things my own damn way. I knew the Noisettes tickets would sell out and there was a chance that I may not get in and have to cry myself home in my pretty concert ensemble, but that chance was slim. So I got to the concert and the door men at THE KNITTING FACTORY were being shitheads and making all 10 people out side stand in line...behind the red rope...not infront. Low and behold he's cattling Shingai and Dan (2/3 of the Noisettes). What a loser. So I start chatting it up w/ them and they are super nice and they put me on the guest list and I saw and amazing show. The Macabees were really good too, but you know where my heart is.

No comments: