Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FADER: SANTOGOLD SHOW


IMG_1219.jpg, originally uploaded by Mel D. ©ole Photography.

Hey neglected step child blog. I forgot to tell ya all about the Santogold party I went to last Thursday. The Fader put it on so yes it was the place to be, but better than all that, this lady's performance was pretty good...her dancers were AMAZING! Like all things I have to put some things on blast, now, it's not that she doesn't sound good...it's that she sounds british ahhh, specifically like MIA. So that kind of makes her like Amy Winehouse (pls listen to Ester Phillips). Which is kinda lame (not to be confused with Lamé). I've know about here for a while now but after I started finding out about here I kinda got the phony vibe and that makes it hard for me to REALLY get down with Santogold. I must say, I'd rather listen to Santo and Amy more than most of the crap on the radio. Either way her stuff is worth checkin' out.

Big up to Mel D. ©ole Photography for the pic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just heard santogold is playing a party in LA next week 4/22/08 at www.bordellobar.com hope its true